Many people have asked me – Where can I rent a place in Bay Ridge and have a party? Some of the places allow you to BYOB, some don’t.
Rent a Place and Bring the Food and Decorations Yourself!
1. Trinity Church – 9020 – 3rd Avenue (Across the street from Foodtown) Contact: Charley 718- 680-2077- $100 for 4 hours – you have to clean up well here (take a picture before) and make it look the same. In your 4 hours you have to account for your decorating and cleanup time. Can fit up to 40 people there. Books far in advance because it is so reasonably priced. No alcohol allowed here. *Take a look at the room before you rent it as it might need a lot of decorations.
2. Crossroads Christian Church 6921 4th Avenue 718-439-5098 4 hours – $150, up to 6 hours – $250 and up to 8 hours $350 They have a projector and sound board for AV equipment that you can use if you pay $75. This is a new fresh store front party spot. If you can’t picture where it is – the Bethlehem Lutheran Church is nearby on Ovington and 4th.
3. Christ Church 7301 Ridge Blvd (718) 745-3698 -4 hours for $500 – includes tables and chairs (no alcohol)
4. Lief Bar 6725 – 5th Avenue in Bay Ridge (718) 680-0016 rents the back which includes tables chairs, outside patio. Bring your own decorations & food. Drinks are bought from them. People rent it to have birthday parties or reunions. It actually looks nice inside.
5. Old Stone House – $350 for 4 hours ($100 for an extra hour). You can rent the room and bring in food. They have table and chairs that you can setup. The kitchen is very small and you can’t cook here, but there is a refrigerator and sink there.
6. Knights of Columbus 349 Quentin Road (near McDonald Avenue) – Call Aldo 646-657-3272 – you can bring your own food and beverages. The place was renovated about 4 years ago. I have gone to several baby showers here and they are very nice.
7. Knights of Columbus (Cavallero) 7211 20th Avenue Call: John 732-673-1788 – You can bring a bounce house here! 8 tables and 70 chairs – 2 bathrooms – room fits: holds up to 70 kids with stuff and 80 people. Cost: $525
Party from 2 pm – 6 pm or 7 pm -11 pm (come one hour before to setup and decorate)
8. Brooklyn Arts Exchange (BAX) 421 Fifth Avenue in Park Slope $350 for 2 HUGE dance studios-the whole 2nd floor. (718) 832-0018 or email email@example.com You can see if it is available here: http://thebuilding.bax.org/
9. Knights of Columbus 8122 5th Avenue 718-745-9175
10.The Lockyard 9221 5th Avenue rents out their back outdoor space- Speak to Chris 718-333-5282
11. Danish Club – 741 65th Street – (718) 748-7844 older room – see here
12. Widdi Hall 56th Street and 6th Avenue – area not too great, but people have parties here all the time. I have never been to a party here but the place always has music playing and cars outside.
13. Party Room 4824 – 4th Avenue (718) 857-7920
Angel’s Party Hall 357 49th Street 347-965-6734
14. You could have a party in the park – it’s free, unless you have more then 20 people – then you need a permit. See here
15. Moose Club 7711- 18th Avenue (718) 256-7100 – $1000 to rent a big, clean room which fits 100 people comfortably for four hours. You must buy the beer, wine and soda from them – $8.50 per adult and $3 per child. You can use the caterers next door to the Moose Club (see C&C Catering here). They have an old music system so you can not hook up an ipod (bring your own speakers)
17. I remember the Kidz Cooking Studio rents out space. It’s a large space – 800 square feet
18. I wonder if OLPH School would rent out St. Gerard Hall
Knights of Columbus 1305 – 86th Street (718) 259-8840 – they do not rent their room out without their food/drinks. You have to purchase the whole party from there 50-60 people fit in the small room 110-170 fit in the large room. Either room it’s $40 a person (beer, wine and soda) or $50 a person (open bar)