88 Things About Me
Updated: December, 2012
1. My claim to fame: I’ve been on the Internet longer than anyone I know! I’ve used the Internet since I was 15 years old (more than 24 years now)! At the time there was no AOL, no graphics except text ASCII codes, no web browsers and waiting hours for a download was normal. I saw a black screen with gold writing on it and I was captivated.
2. I got the name Queen of the Click because I click on links quickly and most people don’t like to sit with me while I am on the computer. I can do anything on a computer ~ even take over the world!
3. Life is good….real good. If I died today, I’d want you to know that I lived a great life and was always felt very lucky to have such great people around me.
4. I live in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, NY. – the best place in the world.
5. We purchased an amazing house 3.5 years ago. I am in love with it – it has everything that someone could need and more. We waited until the market was right and we found the right house. Yes, we have two parking spots in Bay Ridge!
6. I am fortunate to have great people in my life.
7. One of the things that I am most proud of is being a middle school teacher. My students are incredible and each day I am enlightened and humored by their presence. I learn so much from them.
8. I believe if you can dream it, it can be.Some of my dreams are to: to own a swimming pool to write a book and to have Martha Stewart over to my new house.
9. Although I want a pool, but I’m nervous about the chemicals being around my dog and family. I have to research pools a bit more before we install one.
10. I believe in looking for the good in other people, until they prove me otherwise.
11. I love when people are passionate about what they do and spread that passion around…it’s invigorating.
12. My life is good because I have made choices to make it good. I learned to get rid of people who are negative and I am not afraid to close doors to my past.
13. I love coffee, but only real strong coffee like Greek coffee.
14. I have 2 miniature dachshunds: Reginald Wallace (Reggie Roo) and Tralfaz Genivieve (Trallie).
15. I have 2 black cats.
16. I am allergic to cats.
17. I have asthma, but pretend that I don’t.
18.I love shopping.
19. I love shopping online for deals.
20. I rarely buy anything that isn’t on sale.
21. I like yard sales.
22. I like yard sales in Park Slope, Brooklyn because it is full of people who want to sell new things they never used for under $3.00.
23. I have an incredible man. He is a saint and I feel so blessed.
24. The saint makes my day better just by smiling.
25. I love movies. Last summer I saw over 100….this summer I am busy renovating and making my home renovation movies.
26. I love books, especially ones written by Wally Lamb.
27. I love holidays and you will often find me outside decorating my house.
28. I love my job and my boss.
29. I smile a lot because I am really happy.
30. My grandmother was a great influence on my life.
31. My best friend, Karen brings the fun and craziness to my life. I love her dearly.
32. I love gardening. I love buying and adding new bushes and flowers to our garden.
33. I love organizing and cleaning too.
34. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.
35. I love Martha Stewart. I’ve loved her since I was 8 years old and I read how to set a table in my mother’s magazine,
The Ladies Home Journal.
36. I love picking out new dishes, utensils, tablecloths, pots, etc.
37. I haven’t said how much I love computers have I?
38. I am a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer. I was so proud that I was able to pass all of the tests for this exam. Yet, I hardly use my license.
39. I built my own computer in 1998. No instructions and no prior experience. I just put everything in it’s place. I had to because I only made $18,000 a year and couldn’t afford a new computer while paying for grad school.
40. I have two Masters Degrees.
41.I hate cell phones.
42. I love Billy Joel, Elton John, Cindy Lauper and Madonna. In the last two years, I went to see them in concert. Lauper spoke to me because I was taking her picture from the second row.
43. I went to Parochial school for 12 years. I was taught by some fantastic men and women. I wish I was taught the Bible better.
44. I like drinking seltzer…especially the type of seltzer that is delivered by the Seltzer Man in Brooklyn.
45. I love Long Island and shopping in Long Island.
46. I love Fall and Spring – even though they are the worst seasons on my allergies.
47. I love reading and sitting in the bookstore flipping through books.
48. I love candles, but rarely light them because I don’t want a fire.
49. I love Joel Osteen.
50. I love watching home renovation and design shows on television.
51. I have the most organized book shelf anyone has ever seen.
52. I love to help other people.
53. I am pretty good cook!
54. I love designing new things.
55. I love going on trips and staying in hotels.
56. I love swimming in the ocean or in pools.
57. If you read this far, Karen, I am amazed because you rarely read. LOL
58. I love drinking Snapple grapeade.
59. I hate going to the doctor.
60. I hate taking medicine. I usually sit with in my hand for a few minutes or even a half an hour.
61. I love taking pictures.
62. I sing when I am alone.
63. I love Sarah Jessica Parker’s Fragrance – Lovely.
64. I love barbecues.
65. I love backyards.
66. I love daisies, magnolias and especially the smell of gardinas.
67. I love Barnes and Noble and sitting in their coffee shop reading magazines.
68. I like to bring my change into the grocery store and put it in the green machine so I can get Amazon gift certificates.
69. I love mail. Did I say that yet? I really love mail.
70. I love candles, but Lee is afraid of a fire so I use candles with little LED lights inside of them.
71. I love ice cream. My uncle named me the Ice Cream Lady when I was a kid.
72. I love stationary with little birds or owls.
73. I love Ellen and Oprah.
74. I have been watching Oprah on television since I was 13 years old.
75. I pretend I am Martha Stewart sometimes.
76. When Martha Stewart went to jail for a short time, I thought about taking over her empire. LOL.
77. I LOVE POTTERY BARN. I seriously love the catalog and browsing the store online. I love when other Pottery Barn enthusiast tell me my house looks like a PB catalog!!
78. I love Restoration Hardware.
79. I love looking around Etsy shops.
80. I like my hair best when it is curly.
81. One of my favorite sites is seeing my family laughing together.
82. Our back deck is an oasis and is referred to as Lee Island.
83. I have been known to be indecisive about wall colors. I painted one wall 11 different colors before getting to the
right color. Remember I did say I was with “the saint”…..he didn’t complain once.
84. I love visiting Long Island each summer.
85. I really dislike plastic….but my computer is plastic so I need it ;)
86. Friday is my favorite day of the week, but sometimes Mondays can be so refreshing.
87. I love creating things alone or with other people.
88. I love days when I laugh so hard my cheeks and jaw hurt.