Best Summer Camp in Bay Ridge. Most Popular Summer Camp in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn
Summer Camps in Bay Ridge or Nearby in Brooklyn
It’s January and it’s time to look at Summer Camps because some of them fill up quick & some of them offer special rates if you are an early bird!
March 15, 2017 – I saw this auction for Summer camps.
See the free Summer Camps for the area here.
Bay Ridge Summer Camps:
1) PS 264 Bay Ridge Elementary School for the Arts on 89 Street and 4th Avenue has the NIA Summer Camp (Neighborhood Improvement Association). The cost is $1,600 and runs Monday to Friday from 8 am to 5 pm from July to August 15th. For children 5 years old – fifth grade. Focus: sports, drama, dance, art and academics. Bad thing: They didn’t go on any trips. NIA has some free and some low cost camps – you can see the free ones here
2) Bay Ridge Sports & Theater Camp at Holy Angels (formerly OLA – Our Lady of Angels) 337 – 74th Street 718-745-7776 – Affordable/one of the lowest price camps ($215 a week) Starts at 9 am, but they have before/after care for $6 an hour. Great thing – this camp lasts until right before Labor Day. Flexible about the number of weeks you do. See more info here Check out their Instagram page – cute and amazing! Transportation available. Scholarships are available for qualified families. Call Steve Carberry 718-745-7776 or email@example.com
Bad thing: This building does not have air conditioning in the gym – just in the cafeteria where the small kids are.
3) Lutheran Elementary School (LES) 440 Ovington Avenue – $1750 for the full summer 7 weeks Monday to Friday 9 am- 4 pm (or $275 a week) – Ages 3-10 This is popular because of it’s good rates They have part time and early dropoff and extended day for extra as well. Focus: Music, creative movement, sprinklers/small pools, gardening and literature Info
4) The Art Room – Art camp at 8710 – 3rd Avenue for children 5-12 years old. Monday through Friday from 9 am – 1:30 pm. “From pop art to Picasso, Bauhaus to Banksy, Monet to Matisse, we cover a wide array of artists, genres, currents, concepts and mediums all in a super fun format. Your child will paint, laugh, draw, dream, sculpt and more! “ Students bring their own lunch.
4) The Ridge Creative Center 939 – 83rd Street – affordable – ages 4-14 – June to the end of September. From 8 – 4 the cost is $250 per week plus they also offer extended care from 8 am – 6:30 pm the cost is $290 per week. Great art projects and trips to Museum of Moving Images and Lincoln Center Library. The children play outside every day. Flexible and part time hours are okay. Contact Victoria at firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Bay Ridge Prep – Summer Kickoff Camp – Two week program for students in grades k-8 Monday to Friday from 9 am – 4 pm. 675 for the two weeks or $350 a week. Contact: Luann Senisi at email@example.com or 718-833-9090
6) NYC Tae Kwon Do Summer Camp – 79th Street and 3rd Avenue – 4 years old and up. $65 a day from 8 am – 3 pm. Children have tae kwon do three times a week, they go to Shore Road Park and play sports, watch movies and go on field trips via school bus. Children can go 3, 4 or 5 days a week. A lot of parent’s like this camp because it goes to the end of August!
7) Xaverian Basketball Summer Camp for boys and girls in the 2nd through 9th grades. Camp starts at the end of June and goes to the beginning of August. Monday to Friday 9:00 – 3:00 pm $270 a week – all campers get free pizza on Friday. You can bring your own lunch or pay $9 a day for lunch. No aftercamp for working parents. At the end of basketball camp, there is a one week baseball camp for boys and girls in grades 5-9. $300 for the week. Same deal with lunch and pizza on Friday.
8) Music Box School Summer Program 9402 Fort Hamilton Parkway – Each of the four weeks has a theme. This program is for children ages 3-13 9:30 am – 11:30 (or 1:30 pm for the older kids)
9) Farm to Table Summer Cooking Camp – This cooking camp’s location is around Owls Head Park in Bay Ridge and is for children ages 6 and up. See informational booklet here. The camp starts in the last week in June to the first week in September 9 am – 3 pm. Children will have a week long of exploration of fun, hands-on cooking, out-door activities that integrate food and the environment. Each day campers will learn how to cook summer lunches by using ingredients that are in season and locally grown, bake deserts, make healthy and nutritious snacks, learn about the ingredients and their nutritional values and cooking techniques. Take a look at the pictures from this camp – so amazing! SimplyDiDelicious@gmail.co
10) Fontbonne Cheer with The Champions Cheerleading Camp – for children in grades 2-8 who are interested in learning how to cheer. It’s for one week in the beginning of August. 9 am – 3 pm – $200 – bring your own lunch. Debra Pepe 347-728-4673 firstname.lastname@example.org Application: here
11) Brooklyn Dance Center Cheer Camp – 9110 5th Avenue Brooklyn 11209 (718) 333-5767
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday on July 30th to August 1st and August 6th – 8th Time: 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm Cost: $120
12) Little Chess Nuts – takes place from the beginning of July to mid-August at Union Church of Bay Ridge 7915 Ridge Blvd. for children 5 to 12 years old. Students have chess lessons, Yoga lessons and martial art lessons with recess at various times during the day. During recess there will be outdoor activities (weather permitting) and there is a play-room at the venue. Snack and lunch (pizza) will be provided! Students are welcome to bring their own food. There is an Early drop-off ( from 8 a.m.) and a late pick-up ( to 6 p.m) option, outside of the core camp times(9 a.m.-3 p.m). The rate is $15 per/hr. 10% Discount for Siblings. $300 a week.
13) Summer Stage Musical Workshop at Bay Ridge Prep 8101 Ridge Boulevard for children ages 9 – 17 years old July to mid-August Monday through Thursdays 10 – 3 pm. Your young performer can spend their summer exploring and performing this classic piece of musical theater! With over 20 roles, there is something for everyone! $675 for the month These are amazing productions. See video email@example.com
14) New for 2017 – Soccer Camp by SLAANYC or see their Instagram
Early bird pricing ($260) which expires on April 15th. Sibling discount of 10%
Each child that registers will receive: A free ticket to a 2017 New York Cosmos game as well as two camp t-shirts and a hat.
Bus service from the following areas: Brooklyn, Bayside, Whitestone, Astoria, and Long Island.
Our staff is led by UEFA PRO certified coach Aggelos Kiranoudis and assisted by UEFA C coach Ilias Anastasakos and coaches from the Dutch Total Soccer Academy.
Camp is scheduled for July 10th to July 14th at Dimitrios and Georgia Kaloidis School on 8502 Ridge Boulevard in Brooklyn.
15) Stepping Stones 245 – 86th Street. Summer program for children 2 years old to age 6. Arts and crafts, music, science, sprinkler fun and trips Monday through Friday for 8 weeks – $2600. Fun activities and safe. Trips every week.
16) Painted Pot Summer Camp – Children ages 6-14 ($125 a day) Monday to Friday 9 am – 4 pm. Create with clay, paint pottery and canvas. $600 a week. You have to bring your own lunch.
17) Treasure Island – 347 – 74th Street. 718-238-7676. This camp is for small children ages 2.5 – 5 years old. Monday to Friday 8:15 am – 4:15 pm
18) Beyond Dance Summer Program – 8717 – 3rd Avenue two week program in August for children 2 1/2 – 10 years old
19) Poly Prep Summer Camp – 9216 – 7th Avenue July 5 – August 12th PreK – Grade 10. $3120
Open House in January, February and March. There is no before or after care. You have to go the full 6 weeks – you can’t do 2 or 4 weeks . Focus: swimming, arts and crafts, dance lessons, tennis lessons and circus arts.
There is a lot of swimming at this camp because they have an inside and outside pool. The counselors teach the children to swim for 1/2 hour every day. Many of the campers become junior counselors and eventually counselors. In August, Poly Prep has a Technology Camp for $500 per week.
Contact Ellen Kinnane – firstname.lastname@example.org for a brochure.
How can families afford the Poly Prep Summer Camp? (coming soon)
20) Park Slope Day Camp – this camp meets in Bay Ridge at Adelphi School at 8515 Ridge Blvd. It is for children in grades k-6. This camp is cheaper than Poly Prep – 8 weeks for $3,500. There are several locations, one location is based at Adelphi. This camp does a lot of trips and the children travel on the bus a lot, so if your child doesn’t like being on a bus, this isn’t the right camp for him/her. They go to the beach and to the pool in Sunset Park and Redhook. They only stay at Adelphi school when it is raining. They go to the Park Slope Day Care (PSDC) location where they have sports, drama, music, swimming, martial arts, gymnastics and circus arts. They also offer busing home if needed. They also have an extended week at the end of camp if you need it. If you register early, you get a discount. They have videos of the PSDC location, but not of the Bay Ridge location.
21) Gateway City Academy Summer Camp 257 Bay Ridge Avenue Sports such as softball, basketball, football, dance and martial arts. They go to the skateboarding park at Owls Head Park. Weekly trip one of the following: Central Park, NY Hall of Science, Museum of Natural History, Statue of Liberty, Cyclones or Aquarium. Camp for children six to ten years old – around $2000 718-921-3737 email@example.com
22) Dimensions on Stage 7601 – 3rd Avenue Weekly Acting Camps from ages 4-14. Acting, vocal training and dance. Monday to Friday 9:30 – 3:00 pm $400 a week. 718-833-4167 Video of the little ones at Dimensions on Stage.
23) New for 2017- Bay Ridge Ballet Summer 2017 9020 – 3rd Avenue – one week camps – more info here
Ages 3-5 – July 17 – 21st 9:30 am – 11:30 AM or 12:30 – 2:30 pm $325
Ages 5- 8 – Elementary Ballet – July 24- 28th 9:30 am – 3:30 pm – $475 – There is before care $25 at 8:30 am and aftercare to 6 pm available $75. (info)
Ages 8+ – Intensive Ballet Week – July 31st – August 5th M-F – 9:30 -4 pm (it includes that Saturday 10 – 3:30pm) $550 Bring lunch and snacks.
Dyker Heights Summer Camps:
1) St. Ephrem Summer Camp is an affordable camp for children in Pre-K to 6th grade. Six week program – Early July to mid-August. Monday to Thursday 9 AM to 3 PM – $175 a week.
2) Kidz Cooking School – Culinary Summer Camp for boys and girls who love to cook! 10 am – 2 pm – 5 days a week – $225 a week (same price as 2016). Program dates: July 10th to August 17th. Pick and choose your weeks at your convenience. NEW EXTENDED MATH/READING REVIEW HOUR: We are also offering one hour extended time daily from 2:00-3:00 for Reading and Math Review to accomodate grades K – 5 See camp information sheet here. 718-688-5986 Cute pics here
2) DG Rockers Guitar & Music School – NYC 7207 – Fort Hamilton Parkway – SUMMER MUSIC camp – see info! 6 week program You can choose 2 days a week (Mon,Wed OR Tues Thur) or all week (Mon-Thurs) 8:30AM- 12:30PM DG Rockers Studio Ages: 5-8 and 9-16
3) Leif Ericson Day Camp SCAMP – stands for Summer Creative Arts and Music Program– 1037 72nd Street in Dyker Heights- Creative arts and music camp (music, dance and creative expression) for children ages 3-12. From the end of June until the first week in August. 9 am – 3 pm – $1350 for the six weeks or $250 a week. You can do 3-5 days each week if you don’t want to go all week.
4) Danceworks Summer Dance Camp – 5 weeks for ages 3-12. 7116 – 13th Avenue
5) Acting Out Musical Theater Boot Camp 7426 – 15th Avenue. Musical Theater Camp for seven weeks for children ages 9-17 – Monday to Friday from 8:45 am – 3:30 pm $1495. They also have some Summer classes for children from Kindergarten to high school – see here. Plus they have a Broadway Stars and Brooklyn Kids week of classes – see here.
Bensonhurst Summer Camps:
1) Our Lady of Guadalupe (OLG) Camp – 7201 – 15th Avenue. Six week program for children age 5-11 years old. It starts right after July 4 and going until the beginning of August. $150 a week – The children do a lot of swimming and use the two pools, do crafts, sports, play board games and watch movies. You have to bring your own lunch, but a snack is provided each day.
2) Bishop Kearney Cheer Camp 2202 60th Street Brooklyn 718-236-6363 Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
3) SNAP to Grow Urban Farm 8885 – 26th Avenue – Monday to Friday 9:00 am – 3:00 pm Hands on gardening and crafts. The camp includes lunch and an afternoon snack. Contact: email@example.com @snaptogrow on Twitter and Instagram 347-794-6808
4) PS 247 NIA Summer Camp -$1,600 plus $50 registration fee. Registration is Ongoing at NIA Office For more information, firstname.lastname@example.org 718-236-5266. NIA has some free and some low cost camps – you can see the free ones here
5) Green Apron Kitchen’s Camp – 7122 Bay Parkway Cooking, baking and fun.
6) Marks JCH Camp– 7802 Bay Parkway – Programs for children age 2-15. 8 week program from the end of June to mid-August. Prices vary from $2300 – $3400 depending on age/program. A bus picks up and drops off children in Bay Ridge. Inclusion camp for children with special needs as well. Registration for this program begins in early January.
7) Little Gym – 8681 – 18th Avenue. Summer program for 3-8 year olds and 6 and up. Monday to Friday 9-12 and 1-4 pm. June 26- August 27th 718-259-6878 Enrollment starts March 6, 2017
Coney Island/Brighton Beach/Sheepshead Bay Summer Camps:
1) Coney Island Aquarium Summer Camp – Pre K to grade 8. Explore marine life, art projects, games, science experiments, theatrical exercises, and work with animals. Different programs with animals for different grades. Programs run from June to the end of August (but not the last week) $425 a week. Bring your own snacks and lunch. Extended care available to 5:30 pm for $125 a week.
2) Coney Island YMCA – see here The facilities are brand new! July 3 – August 25 Camp hours: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Extended Day hours: 8:00 am – 9:00 am | 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm $350 for 10 days of camp/$700 a month. Discount if you pay early. Financial aid is available
3) Kingsborough Community College Summer Camp for Kids – 2001 Oriental Blvd – good program for children 7-13 years old, but there is no bus to pick up the kids. You have to provide transportation. $1850 for six week program (4 week program for $1250)
Not this one: Shorefront Y Summer Camp in Brighton Beach – for children age 3 to 9th grade 718-646-1444 ext.326 email@example.com Check out their YouTube Channel for videos. Program is Monday to Friday from 9-5 pm and lunch is provided. Extended day available. $550 a week or $3K for the 9 weeks.
Flatlands/Mill Basin Summer Camps:
1) Mill Basin Day Camp July 5 – August 26th $900 a month for ages 3-14 Request a tour You can do 4 – 8 weeks/also 3-5 days a week. Early pickup and late dropoff for bus. There is bus service which takes about almost an hour each way for Bay Ridge kids (which may work out for parents who leave early for work). The kids go on a trip every day and the camp communicates through text (sends pictures regularly) Many campers become junior counselors as they get older.
2) Aviator Summer Camp – 3159 Flatbush Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11234 For children ages 3-14 years old. Five things each day. Bus available. $2685 for the entire Summer
Windsor Terrace Summer Camps:
Kings Bay Y – Rates here (affordable). Sometimes they have half price deals on Living Social (like this). The children swim 3 days a week and have soccer, fencing, dance, archery and a gala. Door to door busing.
Park Slope Summer Camps:
1) Prospect Park Zoo Summer Camp – 450 Flatbush Avenue – PreK – Grade 8 – $425 a week – Science camp to work with animals and wildlife. Bring your own lunch and snacks. They have camp weeks from June to the first day of September.
2) Camp Olympia Sports Camp This camp is for children ages 4 to 12. Sports: soccer, dance, basketball, baseball and swimming. Children swim 3 times a week. Meets at John Jay High school 237 – 7th Avenue or PS 154 at 1625 11th Ave – five days a week from 9 am – 4 pm all for $300 a week. You can also have early care ($30 per week) – and late pickup ($50 per week) available. Register here
3) Congregation Beth Elohim (CBE) Camp in Park Slope for grades K-4 and 4-9 Camp runs from July 5th to August 19th 9 am – 3 pm. (Extended hours available, 8:00-9:00 a.m. and 3:00-5:00 p.m. $11.00 per hour) $2775 for the entire Summer or $545 a week (see other plans on the last page)
4) Jugamos a Cantar Spanish Language Camp – From June to September, children ages 2-8 can learn Spanish in this Park Slope camp – several locations. See costs – prices vary depending on age and how many weeks you need. Before care and after care available for late hours. Your child can attend one week or many weeks
6) YMCA Camp Programs are offered at Park Slope Armory YMCA location at 361 15th Street and P.S.10 located at 511 7th Avenue for ages 4-12
Caroll Gardens/Downtown Brooklyn Summer Camps:
2) Summer Theater Workshop by White Bird Productions – 138 South Oxford Brooklyn 11217 Acting workshop- different theme each week. Also art and design workshop. For Grades K-7. June to the beginning of August. $375 per week if you register early – $450 a week if you are late registering.
3) Long Island University Summer Camp – Classes for children 6-12 years old in architecture, chess, circus arts, hip-hop, movie-making, robotics, swimming and video game design. Three sessions each two weeks long (10 days – Monday through Friday 9 am – 4 pm) – $990 3-6 year old program available for half day $500
4) Steve and Kates Camp – Camp activities include: sports, film, fashion, coding, music, game shows, canival, bread making and trips. You can purchase one day of camp for $110 or the whole Summer from June 26 – August 25 which costs $3150 7:30 am – 6 pm at the International School of Brooklyn (477 Court Street – nutritious lunch and snacks included (some child chefs come as well)
5) Brooklyn Ballet – 160 Schermerhorn Street. Ballet, jazz, tumbling & arts and crafts. Bring your own lunch and snacks. For ages 5-7. $450 a week for the month of July 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
6) Brooklyn Friends – For children ages 3-7. Swimming, sports, science, drama and trips. 8:30 – 3:00 pm – no early dropoff, but there is extended care until 6 pm for $10 an hour. 3 sessions about $1000 for two weeks. Brooklyn Friends is a Quaker school located at 375 Pearl Street in Downtown Brooklyn.
1) JCC Camp – (Jewish Community Center) – Manor Road