The Pottery Barn in the Roosevelt Field Mall closing. We were trying to think of stores that are like Pottery Barn or alternatives to Pottery Barn because there aren’t a lot of housewares or furniture stores in Brooklyn that we love. Of course there is no alternative to Pottery Barn, but I do buy items at Pottery Barn’s competition:
- Birch Lane – Love this store
- Atelier de campagne
- Painted Fox Treasures – see their Instagram for 20% off codes
- Orvis Home
- At West End (no that’s not West Elm)
- Target has this farmhouse pitcher, this standing lamp, this cute clock, this rustic desk, this cabinet, this farmhouse pendant light – See more of this type here
- Pillow covers by Amy
- Restoration Hardware – love their drapes (1/2 price at the outlets)
- Viva Terra gorgeous art & housewares. See great stuff some here
- Van Dykes Restorers -part of the store Cabelas
- Antique Farmhouse -a few items each week – some cute – some not
- Williams Sonoma Home – they are $$, but there is an outlet in Riverhead, Long Island
- Garnet Hill – Beautiful duvet covers, shower curtains, rugs & home furnishings
- The Company Store – Great bedding, high quality sheets & towels
- Farmhouse Wares Also you can follow them on Facebook and want everything they post
- Rachel Ashwell Shabby Chic
Cheaper Alternatives to Pottery Barn:
- Ballard Design
- Home Decorators Online (and Home Decorators Outlet)
- Overstock sometimes has some good decorator deals & their shipping is always $3.00 – Check out the Sutton Chair.
- JCPenney has some affordable furniture and beds – See this bed and this gorgeous armoire
- Facebook page where people sell very cool farmhouse chic items
- Cute, small selection at DownEast Basics
- Some of Target’s items look like Pottery Barn, but I haven’t purchased it. A lot of their summer outdoor patio furniture and baby furniture look the same as Pottery Barn. PB sued Target over this in 2006.
- Sears also has another shop called The Great Indoors, but I haven’t bought anything there yet.
- Finally, World Market has furniture that is nice and not too expensive.
New post: PB Inspired
More modern home stores:
Six years ago, I bought furniture from Furniture.com and their delivery was fast. Friends bought furniture from Overstock.com (because of the $2.95 shipping) NYC people, be aware that Overstock’s delivery is only curbside delivery and they will not bring it into your house, even with a big tip.I used to shop at The Bombay Company, The Storehouse and Smith & Hawken for outdoor items, but all have gone out of business.I also find discount coupons or codes & free shipping codes for these stores at Retail Me Not.Shopping when items are on sale also helps!
Stores with Linens: