Tennis Lessons in Bay Ridge and the Surrounding Area
Tennis Lessons for Children in Bay Ridge
Tennis is such a great sport to learn because it is one that people play their entire life.
1) Tennis at Regina Pacis Tennis Center – 66th Street between 12th & 13th Avenues (718) 745-7776 Steve Carberry (Steve also teaches adults at McKinley Park (more info here) and an indoor tennis court too) AND info here – Brooklyn Tennis Academy – $60 for 4 lessons for children 4 years old and up AND adults too (this is a special price that ends in September 2015)
2) Bridgeview Racquet Club – You know this place – it’s in the Caesars Bay Parking Lot – near Kohl’s and Toys R Us 9000 Bay Parkway, Brooklyn. You can see a video of the inside here. You can rent a court here for an hour for $25. You can find instructors here – Steve (from above is listed first)
3) Court 16 – 526 Baltic Street Brooklyn between 3rd Ave & Nevins Street (718) 875-5550
Tennis Club for children 3 – 11 years old – Lessons Facebook page
4) Matchpoint 2781 Shell Avenue Brooklyn – exit 7 on the Belt (718) 769-0001
Matchpoint has a Junior League 19 weeks long – begins in September and ends in January. Children are placed in groups of four with other children who are at the same level (not by age so there are some younger children in each group). Sessions go from September -Decemeber and then January to June. Quickstart program for older students. If you go to class on the weekend, it is $750 for the session for beginners. If you go during the week, it is a bit more $950. You can see the cost here
Lessons for children age 3-15 and adults too.
The instructor will meet you at For Greene Park – DeKalb Avenue and South Portland Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11201
$28.50 a lesson for small group lessons – lessons are shorter for younger children
7) New York Junior Tennis and Learning Community Tennis Program – free summer program for tennis – several schools in Brooklyn. You have to register at the school in which your child will attend – some programs only take the students at their school.
8) Poly Prep has a Summer Tennis Camp for children 3.5 to 15 years old. It was $3,025 this year and includes lunch.
9) 10 and Under Tennis Program – at various places in Brooklyn
Did you know that to play tennis in a NYC parks, you need a permit – even kids! Click here to get the permit.