Science Programs for Children in Bay Ridge
Science & Tech Programs for Children in Bay Ridge
1) Tinkergarden at Owls Head Park (cute pic there) – Colonial Road and 68th Street (805) 751-8465 Nature Program for children for ages 18 Months – 5 years old – free trial class (10 sessions for $250) 1.5 hours each session CODE for 15% off: bkroots-fall15
Schedule: Click here and scroll down to see the programs at Owl’s Head Park in Bay Ridge.
Ages 3-4 and 5-8yrs Tuesdays during the Summer – here’s what is left – August 4,11 11:00-12:30pm
Every week a different project to explore! Science.Nature.Art.Play!!
$25.00 per class – sibling discounts available – single classes available.
gardening, water play, healthy snacks
SNAP Sunset Science Ages 6-11yrs Tuesday’s 4:30-6:30 call 347 794 6808 or email email@example.com
3) Family Gardening $50 for 2 people (one adult and one child) to attend class at Kingsborough Urban Farm Saturdays – Sept 12th to October 3rd. Learn to sow, care for and harvest. Materials fee – $15. Children will go home with a gardening kit. Kingsborough College Continuing Education
4) Kingsborough College For Kids has 2D Animation and Photoshop Lessons for children. For children ages 7-13 – Classes meet on Saturday or Sunday Oct 10-Dec 6th $90 plus $25 registration fee.
5) Legos and Games at The Bay Ridge Library 7223 Ridge Blvd. at 73rd St. Brooklyn 11209 718-748-5709
Lego challenges, Wii and PS 3 games occasionally
Wednesdays 2:30 – 3:30 pm Free
6) Brooklyn Botanical Gardens
Mommy and Me Classes Gardening Programs
Zoos and Science Centers for Kids
- Bronx Zoo IDNYC allows a parent to have free access (must pay for the child) – children 14 and up can get the IDNYC too.
- Staten Island Zoo – IDNYC allows a parent to have free access (must pay for the child) – children 14 and up can get the IDNYC too.
- New York Hall of Science – IDNYC allows a parent to have free access (must pay for the child) – children 14 and up can get the IDNYC too.(You also have to pay extra for the Science Playground though)
- Liberty Science Center
Summer STEM Programs
1) NYC had some free some STEM classes that you can apply for (by lottery)
2) DGK Holy Cross School – Engineering Summer Camp 8502 Ridge Blvd, Brooklyn, NY 11209
- Ages 4-6 Monday – Friday 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM Cost: $500 per week Week 5 (Aug 3-7) Full Day Session – Create engineering designs to help us explore the great outdoors. Build a tent, design waterproof clothing, engineer your own survival pack and more! In the Afternoon – Robotics Lab – Children use WeDo sets.and legos to build robots. Students will also learn how to program and operate their creations using a laptop computer. Students do not get to take home the LEGO projects.
- Ages 7-14 Monday – Friday 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM Cost: $500 per week Registration Design the Future/Minecraft -Each day, students rely on the engineering design process to solve a series of challenges such as building a city on a series of islands, escaping from a bunker on Mt.Everest, and even building a rocket to land on the moon! Solve numerous challenges as they make their virtual world of Minecraft a safe place for humanity once again.
4) JEI Learning Center – 7721 – 18th Avenue This one looks good! August 24th – 28th 9 AM to 12 and 1 pm to 4 pm – $190 each – For when camp ends, but school has not begun yet