Hockey for Children in Bay Ridge and Brooklyn 11208
Ice Hockey in Brooklyn
1) Greater New York City Ice Hockey League’s (GNYCIHL) Free Learn to Play Ice Hockey Program at Abe Stark Arena 1902 Surf Ave Brooklyn, NY 11224
- 4 week free learn to play ice hockey program begins every 4 weeks.
- Next Session October 3rd thru Oct 24th Register
- This is for the first time skater between the ages of 5 and 7 years old.
- The child is loaned equipment for 4 weeks which stays at the rink. The only expense to the parent is registering your child with usa hockey which can be done at www.usahockey.com.After the 4 weeks there is no obligation to you unless your child wants to continue on with the sport (if you wanted to continue, it costs $375 for 15 weeks or $725 for twice a week – see info about the league here)
2) Aviator Sports – Ice Hockey team for children ages 5-17 for 10 weeks – March to June $450 There is a Fall ice hockey travel team as well (tryouts in April for September). This group also has a team at Aviator – see prices
3) The Brooklyn Blades – for ages 5-17. They play at Aviator and at Prospect Park.
- Mite (age 5-8)
- Squirt (age 9-10)
- Peewee (age 11-12)
- JV (age 13-17)
Ice hockey lessons in the Fall Whether you or your child have never held a hockey stick or already have some experience – learn skating, stick handling, passing, and shooting, as well as the rules of the game—contact (718) 462-0090 or email@example.com
Roller Hockey in Brooklyn
Fort Hamilton Roller Hockey League – hockey on inline skates. Cement rink at 5200 Fort Hamilton Parkway. The League has from Pee Wee and up. I am not sure if the league is still running for kids as the website hasn’t been updated, but their Facebook was updated in the Spring. The site says to call about classes and clinics available for kids. 718-435-7342