Basketball Teams in Bay Ridge and the Surrounding Areas
I love basketball – doesn’t everyone?
CYO stands Catholic Youth Organization. Your child does not need to attend these schools to play on these teams. CYO teams are parish teams and they are run by wonderful volunteers. Please try to understand that children from the parish are meant to fill these teams first.
For children in Pre-K to 8th grade (grades 3-8 play against other CYO teams in Brooklyn and Queens)
Season: November to March. Registration in August (practice begins in October)
Cost: Around $150
- Clinic (PreK-2) – fundamentals/simulated games on Saturday mornings only
Grades 3-8 have weekly practices AND game days. All have playoff games, but 3rd graders
- Sub Novice (3rd Grade) – No scores or standings are kept. No playoffs. 3rd graders also participate in intramurals.
- Pee Wee (4th Grade) – Games have a referee and scoring. Weekly practices AND games.
- Novice (5th Grade)
- Bantam (6th Grade) – Games have two referees
- Rookie (7th Grade)
- Intermediate (8th Grade)
St. Pat’s team is in white and green.
3) Our Lady of Angels – OLA Basketball 7320 Fourth Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11209
For girls and boys in Pre-K to 8th Grade
Season: January to March – Saturday morning
Fee includes reversible OLA mesh basketball jersey
- Clinic – Pre K to 1st Grade learn dribbling, passing and shooting.
- Intramurals (2nd – 8th Grade) play games held one night per week at the OLA gym
- BCBA Travel Team boys and girls – grades 3 through 8 – competitive league, Tryouts are held for this team. Registration fee does not include uniform, which must be purchased separately.
4) Saint Anselm Basketball 365 83rd Street Brooklyn 11209 718-745-2027
Boys and girls in grades 1-8
Season: November to March
Cost: (Around $100 or 125 – Includes uniform)
- Grade 1-4 meet Saturdays
- Grade 5 & 6 meet Tuesday Nights 7pm & 8pm games
- Grade 7 & 8 meet Wednesday Nights 7pm & 8pm games
- Travel Team: Blue Wave for boys and girls in grades 4-8 – must try out – uniform extra cost
Girls and boys age 5-13
Season: Last September to November (ends with a dinner and awards night)
Cost: $250 Registration
DHAA Travel team – 450.00 to 500.00 depending on leagues entered. Contact Bob Tarallo at email@example.com
6) Saint Athanasius Basketball – 6120 Bay Parkway Brooklyn 11204 718-331-8811 $150
7) Aviator’s Basketball Inhouse League 718 758-7547 Brendan@aviatorsports.com
For children Age 5-16 – Games played on Sunday
Season: June 7th – August 16th
- 5-8 Yrs. Olds 12:00pm-1:00pm $90 per child + $35 annual membership
- 9-11 Yrs. Old s Co-ed 1:00pm-2:00pm $90 per child + $35 annual membership
- 16U Co-ed 2:00pm-3:00pm $110 + $35 annual membership
8) Kingsborough College 4 Kids has a class to learn to play basketball on Saturday
Summer Basketball Camps in Our Area
1) The Salvation Army Basketball Clinic 252 -86th Street Brooklyn
Free three week summer basketball camp in July for children ages 8-14. You have to stop in to the office to sign up. See video below:
For boys and girls in grades 1-8
Monday thru Friday 9:00 AM–3:00 PM $225 Per Week prior to 5/29, $250 if registered after 5/29
Lunch Plan (Optional): $8 Per Day includes Sandwich, Snack and Drink. Free Pizza for All Campers on Fridays!
3) Fontbonne Hall Academy Boys and Girls Basketball Camp for Boys and Girls ages 6-15 August 10th-14th
4) Poly Prep Basketball Camp – 2 sessions available – $425 a session
5) Aviator Basketball Camp $255 per week
6) Brooklyn USA Basketball Camp at Seth Low Park – West 12th and Avenue P 718-751-6931 firstname.lastname@example.org
Ten-week basketball camp. Monday to Friday 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM – early dropoff and late pickup as well.Boys and Girls age 3-19
You can purchase lunch from them or bring your own –