Art Lessons & Art Classes for Children in Bay Ridge
I wish someone had taught me how to draw when I was a kid. It’s so easy to express an idea when you can draw it out!
1) Art Room 8710 – 3rd Avenue Brooklyn 11209 347-560-6572
For children ages 2-12 Afterschool Classes begin September 14th
Private classes for portfolio prep – middle school students work on art portfolios for specialized high school admission.
2) Norma’s Arts and Crafts Supplies 7813 – 3rd Avenue Brooklyn 11209 718-921-9200
This store sells a lot of cute craft kits that you can do with kids at home. The store has art supplies, glue gun, glue sticks, wreaths, fabric paint, stickers, tempera paint, tye dye t-shirt dye kits, paper, everything! They have a table in the back where children can sit and paint or do crafts as well! I go to this store all the time because I love doing crafts. I’ve seen kids as young as 3 years old doing crafts at Norma’s. If you are wondering if she has something in stock, message her on Facebook
One day classes range from $15-$30 (depending on the materials). They have screen printing in October!
Norma’s does birthday parties too.
3) The Painted Pot 8009 -3rd Avenue Brooklyn 718-491-6411
Paint a premade item or use the pottery wheel and create a masterpiece. Facebook
After school program – 10 weeks $370 – more info
Summer Progam – 9 weeks, from June 30th – August 29th. Full day is from 8:00 – 4:00 Extended Hours 8:00 – 6:30
5) Arts and Crafts at the Bay Ridge Library 7223 Ridge Blvd. at 73rd St. Brooklyn 11209 718-748-5709
Children 5 and up – Thursdays 2:30 -3:30 pm
7) Free one-hour art classes on Saturdays at the Brooklyn Central Library 10 Grand Army Plaza Brooklyn, NY 11238 718.230.2100
Different age groups – drawing manga and comic book illustrations for older children.
8) Every Second and Fourth Saturday at Lowes there are workshops for Kids:
Lowes has great free Build and Grow Saturday morning workshops for kids and their parents. They usually take place on the second and fourth Saturday of each month. You have to register your children and not just walk in (although some Lowe’s do let you do that) in order to participate. Many Moms come with their sons and daughters.
Lowes provides all the materials for these projects. In addition, children get an apron, certificate and a patch for each workshop they complete. Some workshops are to build: wooden toys, bird houses, a flower pot, a ufo and bug box. You can register your children here: https://www.lowesbuildandgrow.com Free
9) Home Depot had Saturday morning classes for children and their parent from 9 am – 12 pm. You just go into the store – no signup needed. We have two Home Depots nearby – one on Hamilton Avenue and the other on Cropsey – 11214 area code. Free
10) Choplet Ceramic Studio 238 Grand Street Williamsburg Brooklyn 11211 – very patient people here
Pottery classes for kids age 7-13 4 classes $320
Pottery Classes for 6-13 years old children – 14 sessions (each class is two hours long) $420
Afterschool, weekend and summer camp art classes for children.
Does birthday parties – ceramics or painting.
12) Plaster Galaxy – 2208 Avenue U, Brooklyn, NY 11229 see our pictures here
13) Heart 101 – Painting class in Manhattan for children 6-8 $40 a class or $674 for the semester September to December.